11.27.2008

6 weeks old We're Thankful!!

Wow--could life be moving any faster or be any busier? I don't think so!!

Cooper is getting bigger and more alert. He has let out a few smiles here and there--but he mostly still just likes to look around and check out his new world. He still has all that hair he had as a newborn--which I love! :) Noah says that Cooper has "Daddy's hair". :)

Speaking of Noah, Noah is REALLY speaking! :) He is so conversational with us now, and I have LOVED that! He will tell me when Cooper is awake or crying. He (finally!!) tells me when he's hungry--and normally asks for yogurt or applesauce. He talks about how "Daddy is working" when Mike is gone during the day, and he especially loves to call Daddy at work. :) He'll just walk around with my cell phone talking to Mike saying "uh-huh, uh-huh, yes, uh-huh".

He recognizes our neighborhood when we drive home. He knows when we get to one of his friend's houses, saying "Carter's house" or "Lily and Cole's house", etc. He knows when we get to the grocery store because he says, "Cookie and Balloon, Mommy?". :)

Its a lot of fun having my two boys--and I really like the sweet little routine we are getting into during the days. We'll normally wake up at about 7:00am and hang out in our bed while Mike gets ready for work. Then I'll get the boys and myself ready. We normally do something in the mornings (Bible Study, Playgroup, errands, etc.) from 9-noon. Then, we come home and Noah either eats then takes a nap or he takes a nap and eats when he wakes up. Then we'll just "do life" around the house--which involves a lot of trains for Noah and some housework and administrational family stuff for me. :) Finally at about 5pm we'll start picking up for when Daddy gets home--and Noah has started to get really good at picking up his toys. And when Daddy finally gets home, you would think he was the President, because Noah is so excited to see him!! "Daddy's home! Daddy's home from working!!". :) That is just the best!

Here are just some snapshots to catch you guys up.

This is Cooper at 6 weeks--doesn't he look like Mike?!



Mike snapped this one real quick last night--I'm on a mission to actually BE in pictures with my boys!!



This is just an ordinary moment from an ordinary day--but it pretty much sums up our afternoons and I love these sweet moments. :)





Take care, everyone! We love you!! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so incredibly adorable! Wow pooper cooper you are so cute!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I am thankful for all you kids and how sweet and healthy ou all are. I am thankful for Mike's love for you and the boys- he is a super husband and father! Love you! Mom

Stephanie said...

You have such beautiful family! So many blessings in so many ways! :)

Rachel said...

Look at those sweet boys lovin' on their Momma!!! You look great as always, Hales. Love keeping up with you on here!