10.17.2008

Update

Another update--

Cooper is doing well, continuing to improve. He is off the C-Pap and completely breathing on his own and doing it well. :) He has been eating since this morning (they were feeding him sugar water via IV up to this point, i believe) and now just has to show that he can maintain his blood sugar. They wean him off the sugar water with each successful feed...so that will be one less "attachment" as they call them. :) Our goal is to get him "attachment-free".

He is still on antibiotics from the fluid in his lungs, but they are planning on stopping that soon as well...one less attachment!

Hopefully we'll be able to bring him home by Monday-ish...but you know doctors, they are very hesitant to give any kind of firm estimate. :) Thats okay though, he'll be able to be home soon enough.

Robin will be here in about a half hour (I think her flight just landed) so that will help free up Mike so he can come be at the hospital with Cooper and I for the next few days. I am checking out of my "guest room" here tonight, so I'll be able to sleep in my own bed...praise the LORD! :) We'll be here bright and early tomorrow morning to spend the day here with him.

Thanks for your prayers. We know that Cooper's situation is not a serious one, and we're just thankful that the logistics are working out thus far juggling Noah while being an hour away from home.

No comments: