So--this is what love at first sight is, huh?
I think that the notion of romantic love at first sight is so silly--how can you LOVE someone you've only just laid eyes on? Love is so much deeper, based on commitment, mutual respect, etc.
However, maternal love at first sight--I totally buy that. I have never felt such an immediate deep bond with someone before. Now, I'm not going to lie--it didn't happen the moment I had him...I was a little too dazed, shocked, and exhausted for such high level functioning. However, that next morning began the love affair that I have with Noah. He is just perfect, Mike and I find ourselves wondering how in the world we created such a beautiful child. :)
Motherhood is wonderful, why hasn't someone bottled this feeling and sold it?? Probably because it is too intense, and carries a lot of other implications and responsibilities. I have to admit as well, it is an enormously scary feeling to have something that you cherish so much. I got a taste of that when Mike and I got married--when you have something so wonderful, what happens if its taken away? And now Noah, along with his Daddy, holds my little heart.
I love my boys--enough said.
11.28.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment